Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Walter Thomas Simpson 1940-2007

That was the man my mom married when she was just 18.

That was the man my mom divorced when I was 2.

That was the man I met for the first time that I remember when I was 19.

That is the man I say good-bye to today.

Tom (my father) passed away this afternoon.

Life is full of "what-ifs":

Like what if I had visited/written/called more?

What if he had visited/written/called more?

In the days since I found out in July that he had inoperable cancer, I have looked back on our relation-ship hundreds of times. It all boils down to the fact that we both missed out on great moments in each others' lives and had to treasure all that we did have.

I will miss having him there, I will miss never being his little girl, and I will miss seeing him at all the milestones' in my childrens' lives.

The great part of all this, is that he didn't suffer for a long time, he was totally surrounded by love right up until the very end, and he is probably sitting with Joan right now watching a sunset.

'til I see you again dad, love you.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Lori said...

Very sorry for your loss, Nursy.
:o(

I guess the important thing is that you reconnected. Small concellation perhaps. I suck at knowing the right thing to say, I know.

Hugs say it all, sometimes. {{{{{{Big HUG}}}}}}}}}}

Pumpkin said...

Nursy, I am SO sorry to hear about your dad :o( I'm not good in these situations because I never know what to say so I'll just send you lots of ((((HUGS))))

Melanie said...

Awe hun, sorry to hear about your dad. Hugs! Thinking of you!