Friday, September 5, 2008

I don't know where to start, but I do know that I want the roller coaster to stop now!

This past week has been so up and down, I think I'm ready to barf!

example:

bought a TV - up
TV won't be in for a while - down

payday - up
not much of a pay - down

birthday - up
birthday - down

having family around - up
having family around - down

having some days off - up
reason for having days off - down

sitting and knitting for a wedding shower - up
missing the wedding shower and still knitting furiously - down

So you can see, it's been quite a ride since Tom passed away last week. Through it all, I feel like I want to go out and do stuff, but when the time comes to go, I just want to stay home, and go to bed if I can. Sleep is great, wait a minute, that's up and down too, because I usually drop right off to sleep but the freaky dreams are getting to be too much. I don't remember much of the dreams, just enough that I know they are weird and don't make a lot of sense.

Tomorrow is the annual "manbash". A bunch of my friends started this annual event, way back when our kids were under a year old. We would travel en masse to a friend's hunting camp way up a mountain in the middle of nowhere, and drink and eat til the wee hours of the night, falling asleep when we wanted to and could make as much noise as we wanted to. In the early years, we did a LOT of manbashing. As the years went on and the men were "trained", the manbash turned into more of a "let's get together and talk about old times". This will be our first year not at the camp, one of the girls has offered her cottage in Shediac. Hmmm, what a change this will be...I'm assuming there will be running water? electricity? and a flush? OMG how will we survive. At the camp we had propane lighting, a wood stove and an adorable pink outhouse, with a white picket fence and flowers. LOL (I'll have to dig that pic out)we painted it one year) It will be nice to see everyone again, I think I missed the last 2 due to work.

Then on Sunday the "Floss Fairies" are getting together for a BBQ. Hmmm, wonder what happens to fairies when they're caught in a HURRICANE?? Good Lord, a hurricane? Sure, just what we need. LOL

Well, I'd better run, only have 1 more hour to myself before the kids are home from school, I sooo enjoy the quiet.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I was begining to wonder where you went... come to find out you were riding on a roller coaster and could'nt get off. Sorry to hear it, need a gravol?

Fairies DON'T like wet wings and 100 km/hr winds make flying on course very tricky. LOL. Who invited "Hanna" to our gathering anyway? >:(

Pumpkin said...

Those are too many ups and downs :o( ((((HUGS))))

Your manbashing weekend sounds like a riot but pretty similar to retreat, although without the manbashing ;o) ROFL!